This Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffin recipe is reproduced with permission from mix. by James McIntosh. It’s a very quick, easy, all-in-one muffin mix, a perfect way to make a tasty treat that you can use as part of your Roots & Shoots fundraising activities!
MAKES 10-12 MUFFINS
- 250g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 250ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 150g raspberries
- 150g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C if using a fan oven) or Gas Mark 4. Place the muffin cases into a muffin tray.
- Place all of the ingredients apart from the raspberries and chocolate into a bowl and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and chocolate.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes until nicely risen and golden on top. Allow to cook slightly and enjoy.
- If you are using a 2 Oven Aga, cook on the 4th set of runners in the Roasting Oven for 20-25 minutes with the cold plain shelf on top.
- If you are using a 3 and 4 Oven Aga, cook on the 4th set of runners in the Baking Oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- If you are using a Rayburn, cook on the 4th set of runners in the Main Oven with the Thermodial reading Bake for 20–25 minutes.
James says . . .
“These are best eaten within 24 hours, but they do freeze well.”
Got a tasty treat of your own? Download a blank recipe activity sheet to record your own creations.
Like this recipe? Show your appreciation by liking Roots & Shoots on Facebook and we will keep you up to date with all the news on our work protecting people, animals and the environment.
mix. by James McIntosh, £4.99, Available from www.jamesmcintosh.co.uk plus £1 p&p
mix, dinner, cake and veg by James McIntosh – Winner of the Best Cookbook Series in the World 2008 www.jamesmcintosh.co.uk