This June, we want to challenge you to do something wild every day. Are you up for it?
The #30DaysWild challenge is the idea of The Wildlife Trusts, an environmental charity in the UK that looks after over 2,300 nature reserves across the UK, and is made up of 47 regional wildlife trusts. Their mission? “To inspire people about the natural world so that they value it, understand their relationship with it and take action to protect and restore it.” That’s something that Roots & Shoots strongly believes in, so we’re right behind them!
We want to inspire people about the natural world so that they value it, understand their relationship with it and take action to protect and restore it.
The challenge is simple: every day in June, do something wild. This can be as easy or as involved as you like – everything from joining a beach clean to walking barefoot on the beach or wearing a daisy chain in your hair!
Sign up online and you’ll get a pack of Random Acts of Wildness cards, with inspiration for every day of the month, plus a wall chart to record your wild activities on, and regular emails with more inspiration. You can also follow online on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook using the #30DaysWild hashtag.
After all, getting out in nature isn’t just something to do – it can help make you healthier, happier and less stressed, and of course you make a difference to people, animals and environment at the same time. We call that winning!
Roots & Shoots Wildness Inspiration
There are plenty of Roots & Shoots activities you can do that would fit in perfectly with #30DaysWild.
- Do a spot of guerrilla gardening
- Encourage bees to your garden by making it bee-friendly
- Search for seaweed on the seashore
- Go for a walk in your local woodlands to see what lives there
- Spot some spring flowers
- Make your own bird feeder and spot the birds that come to visit
- Make your own wildflower seed bombs for covering empty land with bee-friendly flowers
- Find a wildflower meadow and see if you can spot some orchids
- Plan and plant a wildlife garden
- Charm some worms
- Look out for baby birds and bumblebees, and record when you spot them
So what are you waiting for? Sign up now, and keep us posted on how you get on! We’d love to know how your #30DaysWild is getting goes.