The Sustainablity Group at Balgreen Primary School were very busy this morning! As Winter is closing in and it is nearly Christmas we thought we should make sure our local birds who visit our school garden have lots to eat. So we made some very yummy looking apple bird feeders and hung them around our garden.
All you need is:
* An apple (without its’ core)
* Some string – to tie the sticks together and to hang the apple on a tree
* Two sticks – for the birds to balance on
* Honey / apple sauce – natural glue
* Paintbrushes – to spread the glue
* Bird seed – to stick on the apple
And ta da! Look at the fabulous bird feeder you can make! Why not try one at home?
Fingers crossed the birds enjoy them!