On Wednesday 13th October 2021 QEII High School had a ‘drop-down’ day to enable everyone within our QEII community to learn about the following:
- The global topic of Sustainability and looking after the environment
- Understand what is going on in the Isle of Man with regards to Sustainability and Climate Change
- Discuss ideas and plans as to what we can do for the community on the Isle of Man
Year 7 – Sustainability
Year 8 – Biodiversity
Year 9 – Renewable Energy
Year 10 – Mock Cop26 conference and a hands on session at the school greenhouse
Year 11 – “ All about rubbish”
Year’s 12 and 13 – linked with all year groups.
By the end of the day we will be hopefully be able to:
- Describe the current situation that faces humanity concerning climate change and what we could do to bring about positive change on IOM.
- Explain why the current situation is unsustainable and why we must start caring for our environment and resources more responsibly.
- Personally analyse the best way you could help ensure resources and the environment are used responsibly and sustainably, on a local and global level.
“Our future is in our hands”